lucyweiweiwei

1. There are forgotten classics

There are forgotten classics
    The Premier League is the richest league in the world but money cannot buy hate. English football is crying out for an immense, sprawling rivalry between two great teams. There have been some interesting conflicts in recent times but nothing close to the epic nine-year war between Arsenal and Manchester United from 1996 to 2005.

It’s ...
    Kategorien
    Kategorielos
  2. Sagan sinks into the couch

Sagan sinks into the couch
    I was thoroughly fucked but I tried to enjoy it afterwards,” Peter Sagan says with a grin as he explains how he felt after winning the Paris-Roubaix classic this month. “When I was younger, it was always my dream to win Paris-Roubaix. I didn’t think about the world championships and [the Tour of] Flanders.”

Sagan is the most popular rider in cycling today and, ...
    Kategorien
    Kategorielos
  3. There are good reasons why

There are good reasons why
    Stop all the clocks. Stamp a single steel-toed work boot through Mrs Blenkinsop’s sensational triple-tiered Victoria sponge. Prevent the dog from barking with a bag of gravel. For BBC Test Match Special is dead. Or at least, suspended for a bit over the autumn and winter.

Instead commercial radio is back in the shape of TalkSport, ...
    Kategorien
    Kategorielos
  4. Pochettino’s team sought to impose

Pochettino’s team sought to impose
    It was on this day last year that Brighton ensured their promotion from the Championship. On Tuesday night at the Amex Stadium they took a small step towards retaining their Premier League status for another season.

The fiendish nature of their run-in has been well-documented and Chris Hughton’s team must still face the Manchester clubs, ...
    Kategorien
    Kategorielos
  5. Back in 2008 the PCA chief

Back in 2008 the PCA chief
    I don’t think it will ever be straightforward. It’s down to you as a player to be very honest with yourself and if you want to be a part of it, accept the fact that some people won’t have the same opinion. Everyone is different but that is why the world is so good and why life is so interesting.”

The “it” in ...
    Kategorien
    Kategorielos
Seite 1 von 13
1 2 3 11 ... LetzteLetzte